Friday, June 21, 2013

This is the Definition of Burying the Lead

So my best friend has this habbit of watching TV documentaries. She's a "sharer" so she sometimes texts me the fascinating things she's learning. This was our actual text conversation from tonight. Love you B.

Bailey: The things you learn from Late night TV. Also there's a pteranadon living near LA.

Me: What's a that thing?

Bailey: Winged dinosaur.



Me: Fuck off. Dead. Please say dead.

Bailey: Pterodactyl.

Me:But a dead one, right? Don't fuck with me



Bailey: I apparently lives near Elizabeth Lake in the Angeles National Forrest and eats cows

Me: Fuck right off! How is this not the only thing on the news?

Bailey: It's Nessie for LA.

Me: So it's not real? Why would you tell me that?

Bailey: That it supposedly exist or that it's not real?

Me: LEAD WITH IT NOT BEING REAL



Bailey: Sorry, I thought "There's a pterodactyl living near LA" was a tip off to the speculative nature of such claims

Me: You didn't say that till you told me it was eating God Damn Cows

Bailey: Besides, a Spanish Rancher beat the holy living Hell out of it in the 1800s and it disappeared

Me: Viva la Espagne

Bailey: Have I mentioned yet how ironic U find the fact that I studies Spanish for ten years thinking "French? Nobody speaks French!" only to move to almost Canada...


In fairness, on reflection it was fairly obvious that the dinosaur wasn't real. But Holy shit how epic/terrifying would that be? Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment