Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pretty sure my cat is making a pact with the devil

Or she talking to squirrels. I can't be sure. For the last thirty minutes I've been sitting in my living room covertly trying to determine who my cat is talking to. Make no mistake. She's not meowing for attention or anything like that. She is making very distinct verbalizations as she stares out the window. I tried to very sly-wise sidle up beside her and she jumped down and stared at the floor until I left. I wish I were joking.

The thing is, there are really two possibilities here. Either she is actually evil and talking to ghosts or demons or something, or she knows I'm paranoid enough to believe this is what she's doing and this is all a plot to drive me crazy. If there was ever a cat that was going to concoct an elaborate plot to drive its owner insane, it'd be Roxy. I thought I was probably just a little sleep deprived, but I went into the other room and she followed me, went up to that window and continued her chanting. I'm onto you cat.

Then again, maybe I deserve it for that Christmas card...

No comments:

Post a Comment