Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March Music Recommendation

Hey all,
I know, it's been near a month. I'm out of practice. I've been off balance since my friend died, and truth be told I don't know that I'm handling it all that well. Actually I'm 99% sure that what I've been doing doesn't qualify as "handling it" so much as it is blatant avoidance.

In that vein, this moth's music recommendation is hitting home for me. His name Is Armon Jay, and his album Everything's Different, Nothing's Changed came out in January. It's got a bluesy feel that fits his Southern base.

The title track is currently my "jam" and I mean that if you were to visit my profile on Thisismyjam.com you would find the music video. It's a song about transition, right down to the chord structure. He opens it with "I'm feeling unsteady, a little off balance" as a way to start a story about not knowing how to fit anywhere. About looking for vices and distractions to pull him away from the inherent failures of his reality. By the time the ending refrain kicks in with a haunting chorus of "I will wait for you" I feel like I'm falling into a hole that matches his.

He's on our now, so you should definitely check to see if he's gonna be hitting up your area. He's a little squirrelly, as performers go, but worth the watch.

You can find his music video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment